22 May 2008

La La Land..

I woke up at 5 (the earliest I have done in this month) to my mobile shouting H.Jeyaraj’s “Adiyae Kolluthey”.(Must be another dedicated, nicely deceived copy of an English song, but doesn’t matter as long as they sound good. :)). Me, being against people waking up early, even had a second thought to return to hibernation, but chose otherwise. Dad out on his everyday pre-morning walk and mom still in her slumber, I got dressed silently (Ayyo! Kulichitu than!) and sauntered off to the KKN bus stop.


The street lights, winking at the dark illuminated my water-logged route(courtesy of a downpour the previous night). Home-lost dogs still wandering around the area late-night (or early morning) posed a dangerous threat to any by passer and I am no exception.I somehow managed to reach the bus stop in one piece (phew!) and waited for any 77B bus to arrive.

I got down from the almost-empty deluxe bus and walked into Arapalayam bus stand, not sure of how long its gonna take.A loudspeaker on a telephone line supporting stand announced its last call for passengers to board the bus leaving shortly for *****. Bingo! I got onto it and squeezed into the only remaining seat on the LAST ROW(ingayuma?!?)

“The Airtel number u r calling is currently switched off”, that s the way its been from morning. Its been a busy week. And a bad one too. Too many things going the wrong way. My mobile suddenly erupted and I wondered if my futile attempts have in some way done their bid. Maams calling! Hmmmm Spoke to him for about 3 mins, lying about my location. I plugged my headset Into my handset ( ;) ok control!), immersing in melodies, till I got down at Cart Road.

There she was waiting for me (as promised). ;) Oddly elegant and stunning for her young age. My relationship with her is a special one, one that dates back to the best days of my life and caches priceless memories! Whenever i had been with her, its always been fun n frolic. Describing her is a herculean task even with the most beautiful adjectives of the language. Ah! My! I m in love! I have fallen in love with her! And I know she loves me too like anything! Though my Dad doesn't approve of her, there is nothing he can do to disconnect this gossamer but alluring connection. No matter how i am, i know that she will give in to my tantrums and accompany me wherever i go.
...
..
....
....
...
....
....
.....
...
Yes! there she stood. The gyspsy type jeep
that is to take us uphill to Kodai!


Well my 'gang' comprised of Sindhu, Swathi, Kavi, Nive, Seenu and Madan maams and Anu along with her lovely, “disciplined” ;) children Sri and Akshara. A complete Engineer, A domestic engineer (home-science Swats calls herself that way ;) ), A trying-to-be-a engineer, two teenagers and two kiddos watched by a homemaker. Tats almost one of every genre of people we have!


I climbed aboard to a warmth welcome. The trip uphill was dented by nausea, apparently the journey taking a toll on all our bodies. However in Kodai, the whole scenario was to be changed. The nauseated, enough-of-this-trip feeling transformed into a fervent, fun ride. We made our way to Pillar Rock and Suicide Point and also some exotic place surrounded by tall, packed fir trees. There was a slight drizzle all along and mist about ½ mt high along the ground. The climate was so cold, urging people to hug their loved ones and making singular nouns remember their pronouns. Now I understood why Kodaikanal is Tamil Nadu’s preferred honeymoon spot.


“The Airtel number u r calling is currently switched off”! Duh! We were supposed to go downhill the same day, but I had fallen so much in love with Kodai and never wanted the trip to end. The drizzle turned into a heavy downpour, and a wicked smile lit up all the pretty faces of my gang. And if they were thinking what I was thinking, we could be in for a treat. By faking stories of a landslide and roadblock to all our parents, we were finally allowed to stay for the night. Hurray! And exactly my mobile started singing synchronous to our uproar and cheering. Akshu answered it and spoke in the most cutestest way in which only a few could manage. I spoke to Dad and made arrangements for the suddenly planned night cap at Kodai. The rain suddenly ceased, and a post-rain Kodai was even lovelier. We went cycling around the lake in the freezing weather, and not to mention those Ice creams!.. Heaven! The next day we ventured through Bryant Park and Coaker’s Walk. And by the time we were supposed to be moving downhill, none of us really wanted to leave. It was all like a dream, which started on a normal note and the excitement, kept mounting throughout.Guess its all coming to an end now.. hmmm..
*1 Message recieved*
Dei Sem holidays la Kodai polaama? Enna solra? Plan pottu ellarum Povom da..
The Dream continues!! ;)

1 comment:

Raj Rishi said...

nice post,,intresting trip !!