09 May 2008

Cat'toons


In the cartoon world, almost every creature created by “god”, has had its moment of glory in history. There s not a single living creature which hasn’t donned the role of lead actor in a cartoon creation. Ranging from Dogs, Dinosaurs to Cat fishes and Mosquitoes every possible thing that u can imagine have been heroes in their own way. (I think I can watch a mosquito whole day rather than a Ramarajan or a Vijayakumar! Uh!) Even though there is a superfluous list of animals to chose from, it is always cats that has impressed me the most.


Super Sleuth Sylvester, which has very little ;) trouble catching Tweety, Speedy Gonzalez and Wile.E.Coyote is the first ever cat to compete with Scooby in solving mysteries. Sylv has unfortunately always ended up on the losing side of the game, failing to catch its prey. However this conceited feline with its sloppy, stridulating tongue is just “desthpicable”!


ThOMas is perhaps the most dim-witted, brainless, goody goody cat u will ever come across, but an artiste in his work and with his charismatic comedy, mass wreckage caused in company of jerry just makes us go gaga over him.


There are very less arrogant, sardonic species even in homo sapiens as Mr. Garfield, the sluggish, selfish, rotund, gingerbread cat. His Sarcastic nature, and disrespect for humans and dogs are strangely hilarious. I have always pondered over a phrase in tamil, “thimiru edutha naye”.. well if one knew Garfield that would have surely been rephrased.


Few Garfield Dialogues I cam across in a site..


1. I'm a creature of habit ... All the bad ones


2. Jon: You get the house filthy, and I clean it!
Garfield: Ah, the delicate balance of nature.


3. Jon: It's a beautiful morning!
Garfield: Wake me in the ugly afternoon.


4. Jon: Having a girlfriend changes everything, Garfield. The ways things taste, the way things smell. I'm gonna have to change my socks more often.
Garfield: Especially the way things smell.


5. Garfield: Hey, Jon, what's new?
Jon: My life stinks.
Garfield: I said what's NEW?




6. Jon: Why don't you ever listen to me?
Garfield: Huh?
Jon: Why don't you ever agree with me?
Garfield: That's not true.
Jon: Why don't you show me any respect?
Garfield: I do... bonehead.
Jon: Why don't you ever show affection?
Garfield: Catch me around a mirror sometime.
Jon: Why don't you cause me so much grief?!
Garfield: Because I'm a cat.
Jon: And why do I still love you anyway?
Garfield: See previous answer.


And there is also T-Bone and Razor (not to mention Ms.Briggs ;) ), a kids sensation and very popular among teens too. They substantiated the fact that cats can fight justice equally well as any ___man could.. Phew! the Swat Kats can kept me glued to the telivision set everyday after school..


Well, in a way to say, anthropomorphism has always been perfect to felines.And maybe that is also the reason why rats (Stuart, Jerry, Ratatoullie( I dunno its name), Mickey) have always been heroes, to amuse people with a different breed, cos cats are so human'ish!

“Sufferin’ Succotash!”

No comments: