19 June 2010

Watching the Worldcup with my cricket-enamored Mom

"No ma, India is not playing."


"No ma, that doesn't mean they didn't enter the the competition by not registering for it. We didn't qualify."


"Yes ma, but Australia play in the Worldcup."


"No ma, don't worry. I don't think they will win the worldcup."


"No ma, this is a different Ronaldo. Not the hare-teethed Brazilian."


"No ma. I wasn't seeing AXN, I was simply changing channels during the half time break."


"No ma, I don't think India will qualify for 2014 too, unless they host. (and Brazil are already doing it.)"


"The goalkeepers wear a different jersey to be differentiated from the other players ma. They both are the from the same team."


"Yes ma. I didn't understand that the first time too. (offside rule)"


"Yes ma, Pakistan didn't qualify either." :D


"Yes ma, I ll go and sleep now."
And 10 minutes later, the hall light flickers on. :)

2 comments:

Gautham said...

Lol ....

Btw didn't she ask anything abt the cards ? I had a rather tough job trying to explain that to my dad who watched with me

VICHU said...

Nope.. She figured it was same as the umpire giving a wicket.. :D