28 August 2008

Washed Away!

8.30 pm.


My cell's illumination shone brightly in the dark street(courtesy of the third powercut for the day) It was a breezy night and the streets were being windswept by a giant invisible broom. Even an infant could have told it was going to rain. The aroma of the wet earth was in the air already. I was feeling cold - both inside and on the outside. The pre-monsoon season has been good this year, restraining people indoors and even making Madurai look tempestuous.


It slowly started showering on me and i was nowhere near my destination. The shower turned into a stormy downpour and people were running amok to shop entrances and houses where the sunshades and lintels served as shelter. A sudden forlornness creeps in as the cold weather surrounded me. Memories staging a resurgence. Reminescence. As i stood there drenched from head to toe, clutching my packet of lays, not wanting to go, wondering perhaps the rain had washed it all away..


Splash!

1 comment:

Sruthi said...

aetho kudutha build up ku romantic ah aethavathu aezhuthuvanu paartha.. sappunu mudichutiye!!! ;)