06 April 2008

Hogwarts College Of Engg. (An autonomous institution affiliated to Jakkama university. XXX: 666 Certified)

The most tormenting thing for every Engineering student are those bus rides they have to endure every day to and fro, and not to mention the long walk from the bus stand, had they missed the B5, which could make one gaunt and skeleton like. (No wonder Dhanush fits in movies perfectly as a college student!) I arrive late at the campus along with a few others and the watchman ‘kindly’ asks us to wear our Identity cards, and there would be at least one like me who realizes they have left their ID card at their places or even worse, slipped off their neck somewhere along the way. After some 5 minutes of lecture on the importance of wearing an ID card (my mind oblivious to them thinking of how I cud justify me being late this time), the watch guy finally lets me off n I gallop to my classroom with onlookers laughing at me as if I am some kind of studious guy, who doesn’t even want to miss even a hiccup from the lecturer’s mouth (How the hell would they know about my abysmal record at the attendance register!). Damn, the lecturer has already arrived!


Lec : What’s the time sir?
Me : Errr .. “9.15”(in a whisper)
Lec : Come in. Get seated.
This is what one has to go through everyday unless they have a friend like Nivas ;) or a very busy dad who earns enough to send his son to college by car every day.


~If only had J.K.Rowling’s work of fiction been veracious.. ~


Nivas would be waiting in his brand new Firebolt (08 seria) for me and I would be flying to college every day in a broomstick. ;)


The college buses will be replaced by Portkeys and it is ok if all students come to their required Portkey stops, just before a minute or so the college starts.


Or catch a Knight Bus (B5, A5, B22, 48) and get down at platform 9¾ (TK bus stop).


And also the robes one has to wear on days they have labs or workshops. (Bath robes for brazing and welding? Very comfy! )


We can carry around books using magic or maybe even do research between electrical field, magnetic field and magical field. (I just had my mater science class.. he he he )


Canteens would be selling Bouillabaisse, Chocolate frogs, Kidney puddings, Shell fish stews along with Bertie’s every flavor beans and Iced pumpkin juices in goblets.


And also every day it would be easier for the students to dodge and slip through the legs of the 7 ft Hagrid (watchman) for not wearing ID cards.





Mini – Drafters – Wands,
Pens – Quills and Engineering Drawing – Transfiguration.
Semester Exams – O.W.Ls,
Supplementary Exams – N.E.W.Ts and those 4 rupees test notebooks we get for our Internals – Parchments!


Staff – Ministry of Magic ;
HODS – Aurors.
Peons – Dementors.
Controller Of Examinations – Misuse of Magical Artifacts department.
ICICI Bank – Gringotts Wizarding Bank.
Boys hostel – Diagon Alley ,
Girls Hostel – Knockturn Alley.
College stores – Flourish and Blotts
Pump house – Chamber Of Secrets.


Symposium – Yule Ball
Inter-College Event – Triwizard tournament
Other Colleges – Beauxbatons and Durmstrangs


Suspended or Debarred students – Prisoners Of Azkaban.
Top Figures – Veelas!
Angavai, Sangavais - Moaning myrtle and Madame Maxime.


~Departments~
ECE – Gryffindor
IT – Ravenclaw
Mech – Hufflepuff
CSE – Slytherin (oh yes, I m in CSE :D )
The respective labs could act as Common rooms.


T.nagar with its hotels and browsing centers – our Hogsmeade..
Akka Kadai – Three Broomsticks where Akka is Mdm. Rosmerta and Sugarcane Juice – Butter Beer!


Well classes would still be boring then.. but nevertheless I could be feeding my pet in class or playing a prank on another student using any stuff from Weasely’s Wizard wheezes.. ;) or go on a ride in my broomstick between classes..
And last not but not least “Terror Gang – Dumbledore Army!”

~Authored by Riyaz and me. (The Boy who lived and He who must not be named.. ;))~

2 comments:

Sruthi said...

Oyee.. u never mentioned who is Dumbledore dude!!! why the hell u wanna be in slytherin??
rather y u wanna hv us in slytherin??? good work dude.. cud hv mentioned abt ur "detention with dolores" too;)

VICHU said...

I dunno.. I have always liked Slytherin.. Malfoy esp.. They are way better than gryffindors.. :P

detention with dolores? :D lol..